- To better support our white label offering, and to help with future vanity fqdn, potential region-specific data hosting, & eventual on-premises options. Our reporting address no longer user the watchmanmonitoring.com domain.
- Updated the warning text for some Solarwinds (Gruntwork) plugins.
Subscribers using outbound connection tracking software such as Little Snitch, LuLu, etc will notice that our Mac agent will request data from the monitoringclient domain.
In addition, our Mac & Linux agents will be taking on a 4 digit version number convention. Instead of 6.6.3 build 7G644, the Mac agent will migrate to 126.96.36.1990. Our Linux will settle on a 4 digit number as well.
Benefits to the version number changes include:
- Unified display of versions in our UI
- Opportunities to streamline our internal build process
- Users of our Autopkg feeds will see releases sooner.
The new build system will also make it easier to deploy small fixes to track new malware, and deploy changes to their account’s Custom Branding.