End-user privacy comes first.
The Watchman Monitoring software is designed to provide best-in-class issue detection with minimal access to end-users’ personal data.
The following information is gathered about a computer:
- Upon installation, a random ID is generated and used to identify status reports.
- An arbitrary “Group” is assigned by the subscriber, for use in sorting reports.
- The computer’s serial number is also used for sorting reports.
- The name of the computer, visible in:
- Sharing PreferencePane (Mac), System Control Panel (Windows), Hostname (Linux)
- The ‘short name’ of the user who last logged into the computer
In some cases, the email address associated with online backup systems will be reported. This can be disabled by a computer administrator, however the status of that online backup would not be reported.
Watchman Monitoring does not track the following types of information:
- The agent does not track screen or keyboard activity
- The agent does not inspect browser history, or other similar user actions.
- The agent does not read inside user-created data (no pdf, png, doc, etc)
- The agent does not send raw logs, instead it only sends test results
- Computer’s physical location is not readily available*
In cases where a computer is considered stolen or missing, administrators can request a one-time notification of the reporting IP address.
Watchman Monitoring is not a computer management system.
- The agent uses read-only commands to perform its duties.
- Issues are reported to the IT professional responsible for the computer.
A sample report can be viewed in our help center.
Subscribers are welcome to contact Watchman Monitoring support with any additional questions. End-users should contact their IT professional.
WEB PRIVACY SUMMARY
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WM may collect Personal Information to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. You provide some of this information directly, i.e., by creating or signing into a WM account, becoming a subscriber of WM services, or contacting us for support. We also gather information automatically when you interact with our web services.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data about our services. Our services may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers. You have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our services.
We obtain data from third party services including Authorize.net, CapsuleCRM, Chargify, Mailchimp, Mixpanel, and Zendesk.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
WM uses the data we collect to provide you the services we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize your experiences. We may also use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, security updates and product information.
WHY WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We may also share data with WM-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries, with vendors working on our behalf, when required by law or to respond to legal process, to protect our customers, to protect lives, to maintain the security of our services, and to protect the rights or property of WM.
HOW TO ACCESS & CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can view or edit your Personal Information online for WM services. How you can access or control your Personal Information will depend on which services you use. You may view, make changes to, or cancel your account and subscription in your profile’s settings.
OTHER IMPORTANT PRIVACY INFORMATION
You can find WM’s full Privacy Statement at www.watchmanmonitoring.com/privacy-policy