- Tooling to support new update channels (read more below!)
- Additional support for new malware
- Additional improvements in support of Apple’s notarization process.
- Changes which support an upcoming move to Python3
- Fixed issue which would result in a blank Group name being set if the agent was removed and reinstalled without a restart
CHANGES ARE COMING!
Over the years we have maintained support for computers running older operating systems, as many mission-critical servers could not be updated like the desktops and laptops users typically run.
Support for old operating systems has hindered us in some ways, and we’re ready to move forward. Additionally, the industry is moving away from TLS versions which those older systems require, greatly reducing the return from supporting those older computers.
To that end, this release 6.7.3, is the last which will support Mac OS X 10.11 or below.
Additionally, upcoming changes in our hosting will no longer offer TLS 1.0 or 1.1. At that time, computers running Mac OS 10.9 and below will no longer be able to report. We will post more about that change in a coming release note, but in the meantime, plans should be made to remove our agent from Macs running 10.9 or below.
ABOUT THE UPDATE PROCESS
- This release will automatically deploy Tuesday, 22 June 2021. You can visit your Installers Page to initiate early release.
- The auto-update process will apply to computers as they perform their hourly check in.
- Not receiving updates across your install base? How to handle out-of-date agents.
- A list of known issues is located at: https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/known-issues
Please note: Older installers may not work with Apple’s new M1 computers. Always use the latest installer. Read more about old installer versions.