- New Root capacity reporting tool
- Notification of macOS 12 Monterey download.
- New diagnostics file gathering tool
- Improvements in gathering of FileWave version.
- Fixed issue which would cause
--disable --pluginto not work properly
This release brings the parity between what Apple’s Finder says, and what our system reports. Historically, we’ve reported what’s happening on-disk, while the Finder reports what free space could become available as needed.
The change may have been technically accurate but was at the cost of increased friction between our reports and what users of monitored computers experienced. Given that there was nothing to be done about the “hard drive being too full”, we’ve adjusted our reporting to match. Thank you all for your patience in this matter.
Another addition to this release is a tool which lets our subscriber easily gather needed logs when requesting support from Watchman Monitoring. As of agent 6.8.1, no more right-clicking a folder, compressing, and looking for a .zip somewhere. You can gather logs by opening the Terminal and running a command, or script the log gathering via any number of remote tools. Learn more in this support article:
ABOUT THE UPDATE PROCESS
- This release will automatically deploy Wednesday, 10 November 2021.
- The auto-update process will apply to computers as they perform their hourly check in.
- Not receiving updates across your install base? How to handle out-of-date agents.
- A list of known issues is located at: https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/known-issues
Please note: Older installers may fail to install, always use the latest installer. Read more about old installer versions.