Watchman Monitoring is proud to announce the latest version of its agent for macOS, 7.0. This version delivers support for the upcoming macOS 12.3 and supports OS X 10.11 and newer. This new version is also the first to natively-support Apple Silicon.
- Full support for OS X 10.11 through macOS 12.3.
- The Monitoring Client runs natively on Apple silicon.
- Package Installer no longer requests Rosetta2 before installation.
- Manages its own dedicated, Python3 framework.
- Problems reporting Root Capacity have been addressed.
- Problems running the FileMaker Server plugin have been addressed.
- Problems with missing SMART errors have been addressed.
- Corrects “battery was removed” reporting on desktop computers.
With MacOS 12.3, Apple has removed the built-in version of Python. To continue to support you, Watchman Monitoring has released Mac Monitoring Client version 7, which includes its own python framework.
Please bear in mind that there are likely to be a number of point releases in the near future.
If you currently use custom plugins you will need to make changes to continue working with version 7 and beyond. See this article for more details.
If you experience any issues or have any questions, please contact technical support.
ABOUT THE UPDATE PROCESS
- This release will automatically deploy Tuesday, March 8, 2022.
- The auto-update process will apply to computers as they perform their hourly check-in.
- Not receiving updates across your install base? How to handle out-of-date agents.
- A list of known issues is located at: https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/known-issues.
Please note: Installers created before March 8, 2022, contain python scripts, and will need to be replaced. Read more about old installer versions.